MoonRunners Saloon is a proud “Best PAAL” sponser of the Garner Police Athletics/Activities League (PAAL).
On Saturday, June 7 the 2014 “Guns ‘N Hoses” Broomball Tournament Fundraiser will take place at the Garner Ice House (103 New Rand Rd.) as part of a Public Safety Day event.
Basic event information can be found below and extensive information can be found at the Garner PAAL website.
- Tournament will be held at the Garner Ice House (103 New Rand Rd.) on Saturday, June 7, 2014 as part of a Public Safety Day event
- Each of the six teams participating will play three preliminary games
- Preliminary games will be twenty minutes each (running time) and will be scheduled between 1:00 and 5:00
- “Tournament” games (top four seeds) will feature single elimination twenty minute games (running time) played at 5:45 and 6:30
- The “Championship” game will be a twenty minute (running time) game at 7:30.
- Entry fee for each team is $200 – all proceeds go to Garner PAAL. Entry fees must be paid no later than the day of the event.
- Each team must have a minimum of ten players and a maximum of twenty players.
- A maximum of ten players (including the goalie) may play at a time
- Each team is allowed to have up to three players who are not employed by the Public Safety Agency.
- No more than two non-employees may be on the ice at one time.
- Each team will be given free practice time at the Garner Ice House if interested.
- We will also be hosting an “after-event” social for all participants (more details to come).
Any questions can be addressed to Chief Brandon Zuidema, Broomball Chair, at email@example.com or (919) 291-2486.
What is Broomball?
Broomball is played on ice in a manner similar to ice hockey but without the skates, with a ball instead of a puck, and with sticks with “brooms” on the end instead of hockey sticks. The object is to get the ball into the opponent’s net using only your “broom.”